What We Do
The Willow Community is a nonprofit arts organization operating out of Rodman Hall Art Centre in St. Catharines, Ontario.
A mentally healthy community where artistic expression is celebrated.
The Willow Community provides a creative environment where individuals with lived experience of mental health and or addictions living in Niagara are encouraged to explore creative expression.
We achieve this by:
- Presenting a variety of media, artistic pursuits, and hands-on learning experiences
- Providing opportunities to integrate with professionals in the Ontario arts community
- Promoting a greater public understanding and reducing stigma of mental illness and addiction through the creation, presentation and discussion of artistic media.
- Encouraging exploration of vocational or creative employment in the arts
- We foster a respectful, inclusive, safe, and supportive environment.
- We value all levels of artistic ability and expression by aspiring, emerging and established artists
- We empower our members to discover their own talents, skills and passions free of judgement
- We work together to identify and achieve common goals
- We affirm that art should be accessible and is essential to the health and well-being of community